Thursday, February 3, 2011

In the 'blur' of the moment

It's quiet now....well almost.  One of our members, Rebecca, invited friends to walk the labyrinth and the music wafts upstairs to where I write.  I know some people can't figure out what a minister does in a week....and by the end of the week -- for me it's such a blur of activity, I have a hard time describing it.   A wider-Church meeting, a prayerful meeting with local pastors, budget conversations, at the Food Bank, coffee with the seniors, our outreach programs with younger families, a few phone calls to check on folks facing difficulties, preparing for Sunday, a Baptismal Font that needs repairing before our next celebration...emails to be sent...thanksgivings for two people heading starting lay leadership programs....Yeah, it's a blur.  But I know that there is good "salt" and "light" in all of this, that reflects the work of our Congregation.
      On Sunday, we'll talk about how Jesus calls us to be the Salt of the Earth and to let our light shine.  On facebook, I asked some people to post ways that God has worked through them to help another or vice versa.    Thank you for the stories received thus far.  I welcome any other stories people would like to post as a comment or email me.

No comments: